This is an excellent article by Millo.co that highlights eight quick tips to help you improve your client relationships….and fast!
Use “we” instead of “you” and “I”
Fostering a good relationship with your client means making it a team effort even when you’re not there to slap high fives and have a round of beers.
So when talking with your client, use “we” instead of “you” and “I” to create a team atmosphere.
- What we can do/need to do here is…
- We need to determine who our audience is.
- I like where we’re headed.
Establishing yourself as part of their team does several awesome things for client relationships:
- It’s harder to push blame around. Successes and failures all belong to the group.
- Everyone is more likely to be seen as equals, discouraging your client from treating you like a minion.
- It’s harder for your client emotionally to decide to leave you for someone else.
Read the rest of the article here: Millo.co