This is a top-notch and unique way of using a combination of LinkedIn and Google Alerts to automate (somewhat) how you use LinkedIn to find potential freelance clients.
Not only is it a minimal amount of work, but I imagine it can bring in quite a bit of business.
Here are the steps in a condensed format:
1. Set up customized searches
2. Save the search results as contacts and tag them.
3. Find a “trigger event” to warrant contacting the people you’ve tagged
4. Add companies to Google Alerts
5. Send InMails to your saved contacts
Read the the full post at The Freelancer, by Contently.