Why share this post with you? Because I think lots of freelancers get so caught up in managing projects and juggling clients that they miss tons of opportunities to up-sell their work.
You’re more than just a writer, or a designer, or an illustrator.
You’re also an all-around talented creative person and there are always more opportunities to contribute (and get paid for it) to a project.
Here’s what FreshBooks recommends:
- Demonstrate your range of expertise with examples of different work you have done.
- Offer to take part in strategy meetings; become part of the team.
- Offer feedback on items beyond your current project.
- Create new work to show your client what could be possible.
- Add value by sharing ideas or strategies that have worked for other clients.
Give it a whirl. I think you’ll be surprised what can come out of it.
Read the rest of the article at FreshBooks.